Listen Up, America

Listen Up, America
Kids Today Are Our Leaders Tomorrow

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Taking Surveys

Okay, like everyone else, I have been searching for a way to make some money online. I recently came across an honest-to-goodness way to make a lot of money online, but that will be in a later post.

About taking surveys, well--you can make some money and you can just waste a lot of time and money. It's your choice, but I am posting this to help you avoid wasting time and spending money.

Many so-called surveys are just tricks to get you to buy some stuff; sometimes a lot of stuff. You see an ad where you can get a free Dell computer. Oh, yeah. Did you see the little font phrase that says, "Participation required"? Uh, huh. That is the catch. In order to get the free Dell, you have to spend a bunch of money on stuff you really don't need or want. SO, watch out for that little tricky phrase.

Other surveys will only offer you points that either get you nothing more than an entry into a drawing (which is nothing more than a raffle ticket) or you have to collect until you get like 25,000 points before they send you a wad of bubble gum.
Now, think about this: so you get 1500 points that are deposited into "this month's drawing" for, say, $1000.00--wow. A lot of money, right? BUT--how many OTHER people are in that drawing? Thousands? Millions?

Your chance of winning depends on how many entries there are. If one million people in the world, or even if only in the U.S., have their 1500 points added into the pot, just what do you think your chances are of winning?

I got disgusted with spending 30 minutes taking a survey just to get some points added into a drawing that I may never win. I could take surveys for years and never win. Excuse me, but my time is worth a lot more than a few points.

I finally terminated my membership/subscriptions to a lot of survey promoters because I want money for my time, not a raffle ticket.

There are some legitimate survey promoters on the web, but you have to be very careful when reading what it is they will give you for your time. Do not spend your time with folks that require you to "participate." they just want you to buy something. The only people making money there are the people you buy from and the survey promoters who get a commission at your expense.

In a new post I will actually give you links to honest-to-goodness survey promoters that will pay you money for your time. Oh, and...I am not going to make you pay for the info. Isn't that a revolutionary idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment